Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Change

"I am the Lord's servant," Mary answered. "May it be to me according to your word." Luke 1:38

These are Mary, the mother of Jesus', comments after the angel of the Lord visited her and told her of God's plan for her to be the mother of our Savior. When God's plans were revealed to her, Mary's plans for her future suddenly vanished before her eyes. Whatever she had envisioned for her life it would now be totally different. She had no way of knowing what this would be like for her. Did she argue with God? Did she sulk about the lack of control she had in the situation? Did she try and cling to her own plans? No. Mary humbly accepted what God had in store for her life because she knew her life belonged to God. She saw herself as God's servant. She was able to say to God, I surrender my plan for my life, and I willing accept your plan.

Prepare
Do you see yourself as God's servant? How do you respond to changes God brings to the plans you have for your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment